Occupational health and safety is a set of measures that must be taken to prevent workers from being involved in work accidents and occupational diseases, and to create a healthy and safe working environment.
Occupational Health and Safety Management
Providing safe and healthy workplaces to organizations, preventing occupational accidents and occupational diseases, increasing compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, strengthening the organizational structure, and the sequence of measures to be taken to ensure the continuous improvement of this system is defined as occupational health and safety.
These measures are based on a systematic and international standard and the organizational activity is called the occupational health and safety management system.
Occupational Health and Safety Application Objectives
The objective of the ISO 45001 standard; In the light of the legislation on occupational health and safety, by eliminating or minimizing these risks in the organization, to create and maintain a healthy, safe working environment.
The objectives of the ISO 45001 standard are:
1) Protect employees; It is the first purpose of occupational health and safety to protect the employees from the negative effects of the workplace and to ensure that they work in a comfortable and safe environment.
2) Ensuring production safety: Minimizing labor force and working day losses due to occupational accidents and occupational diseases, thus protecting production (product and / or service) by increasing labor productivity is one of the objectives of occupational health and safety.
3) Ensuring operational security: With the measures taken in the working environment, the elimination of fire, explosion, machine malfunctions and decommissioning which might endanger the operation will ensure operational safety.
What Are the Benefits of Occupational Health and Safety?
· Ensuring that employees work in a comfortable and secure environment by protecting them against negative effects of the workplace and accidents.
· Increasing employee motivation and employee participation.
· To minimize the loss of work and labor force due to occupational accidents and occupational diseases, to increase work efficiency and to reduce costs.
· Fire, explosion, machine malfunctions etc. which may endanger the operation by measures taken in working environments. Ensuring operational safety as a result of the elimination of situations.
· To comply with national and international laws and standards.
· Ensuring increased business performance;
· Create a sensitive, responsible image for other businesses or customers.
· To gain superiority over opponents.
· Proof of the organization’s sensitivity to occupational safety in front of authorities.