With an environmental management system certified to ISO 14001, organizations can; Improve their operational environmental protection, Achieve legal certainty through systematic observation of relevant environmental legislation and regulations, Reduce environmental risks, Improve their environmental performance, to include the environmental quality of products and services, Realize cost savings by way of systematic and proactive thought and action, Foster employee identification, motivation and commitment, Promote confidence of the public, customers, agencies, banks, and insurers Enhance their image and competitive ability – both nationally and internationally Fulfill customer requirements
DENETİK is an accredited organization from TÜRKAK for ISO 14001certification.
What is Environmental Management System?
It is a series of standards published by the International Organization for Standardization, which describes the establishment of a request that minimizes the damage to the environment by determining the environmental factors at every stage of the process starting from the raw material to the final product and presenting it to the customers. ISO 14000 is a system standard, not a product standard, and it deals with how it is produced, rather than what is produced. It is based on monitoring and continuous improvement of environmental performance. It stipulates compliance with the conditions defined by the relevant legislation and laws regarding environmental factors.
Implementation Purposes and Benefits
It is a management system for the determination of the environmental impacts resulting from the activities of the organization to an acceptable level. Establishment, product, material waste, sound, vibration, transportation, storage, heating lighting, natural disasters as the source of environmental impacts constitute. This damages the soil, air and water resources in this way. In some cases, this damage is contrary to the regulation rules, including legal penalties. The organization should establish, operate and continuously develop the processes that will carry out the necessary work including the responsibilities of the individuals, taking the necessary measures, and the leadership of the management.
– identifying areas of energy and other resources to reduce consumption, the economic gain obtained by the effective use of resources,
– reduction of liabilities and risks;
– comply easily with the legal and other rules and requirements related to the environment,
– to benefit from the incentives and awards given to the leading enterprises that contribute to environmental protection by using environmental management systems,
– prevention of pollution and reduction of waste, – respond to pressures on environmental protection from shareholders,
– Contribute positively to the welfare of the society – providing interest in creating superior quality labor,
– Have a share in the “green” products market and in its profit – exclusion of pollution incidents in the insurance process,
– contributions to the protection and enhancement of market share,
– competitiveness obtained in tenders,
– increased ability to adapt to changing condition,
– Dispose of pollutants more efficiently with waste management
– Increases energy and raw material efficiency
– Reduces input costs
– Reduces operating costs
– Prepares emergency situations (earthquake, fire etc.)
– Increases competitiveness
– Provides the opportunity to be insured for a reasonable price
– Ensure compliance with applicable laws
– Facilitates investment (providing loans under appropriate conditions)
– Improves industry and government cooperation
– Responds to consumer’s environmental expectations
– Improves the public relations of the organization
– Becomes a pioneer in industry and industry by applying international new standards
– Increases image and market share
– Increases education and awareness within the organization
Who can implement?
ISO 14001 Environmental Management System, which is perceived almost as a product and service passport for the organizations that want to take a place in the international and national market, can be applied to all organizations and manufacturers providing products and services, especially industrial organizations and public institutions.